The Coalition for Homelessness Intervention and Prevention (CHIP) is looking for new opportunities to find sufficient funding for their organization. The purpose of this recommendation report is to show evidence from the team’s...
ENG-W 231 Professional Writing Skills is offered by the Writing Program in IUPUI’s School of Liberal Arts Department of English.
The course focuses on partnerships between students and the community. Students in ENG-W 231 reach out and connect with community clients around Indianapolis. Then, ENG-W 231 teams invest hundreds of hours exploring and analyzing a workplace challenge or opportunity identified by their partners.
Highlights of the ten-week partnership:
- Project-based learning activities focused on real-world skills and experiences
- Rigorous research that combines delving into academic databases and then surveying targeted audiences
- A formal Recommendation Report delivered digitally to community partners.
- Team-building, team-sharing, team-communication experiences valued by employers and graduate schools
- Innovation, analysis, critical thinking
- Insight into workplace realities and opportunities
- Strengthened university-community connections
The Department of English offers over 35 sections of ENG-W 231 each year which serve over 900 IUPUI students and 150 community partners. As part of their team Recommendation Report projects, IUPUI's ENG-W 231 students invest over 30,000 hours each year to discover and share best practices and industry trends with Indiana.